C.S. Arms, Inc.

Cliff Sophia, Proprietor

9150 John S. Mosby Hwy. (Rt. 50)

Upperville, VA  20185

(540) 592-7273 | sophiacsarms@aol.com

Open 10am - 5pm, Tuesday - Saturday

(<< Back)




Item No.: 10142 Price : $2,795.00
Item : SCARCE CIVILIAN COLT MODEL 1860 ARMY REVOLVER, .44 CALIBER PERCUSSION
Description :
This is an original, Colt Model 1860 Army Percussion Revolver manufactured in 1863. It is .44 caliber. This Colt was made for the civilian market, a rarity in the middle of the Civil War. The gun is in fine condition with all matching numbers. It has been cut for a shoulder stock but has no military markings. The barrel retains about 20% of its factory blued finish in protected areas. The cylinder has about 5% blue remaining with a strong 95% scene visible. The back strap retains about 30% of its blued finish. About 40% of the case colors remain on the frame with just traces on the rammer. The hammer color has faded away. The brass trigger guard retains about 20% of its silver plate. The mechanics are in fine condition. The bore is fine as well, with some speckling but strong rifling visible. The grips are fine with about 70% of their varnish remaining. There is a rough letter "H" carved into the base of the right grip. This is a fine old civilian army revolver, exactly the type carried into the great American West. Stock no. 29367

HOME | ABOUT US | TERMS | WANTS | LINKS

 

For CS Arms, Inc.
Shop Address:   Mailing Address:
9150 John S. Mosby Highway (Route 50)
in historic Upperville, VA
  Box 602
Upperville, VA. 20185
(540) 592-7273 or (540) 592-7274
E-Mail: sophiacsarms@aol.com

Contents & Photos Copyright 2001- 2021 CSArms, Inc., All Rights Reserved.

Site design by Sam Lisker

Hit Counter